TranscriptHoneywell and development opportunities. I think these are just synonyms because this is the nature of our job, we grow and develop every single day in our environment. But let's start with the vast training portfolio we have at hand. From learning how to build an airplane, to reporting profit and loss executives. You can learn anything. It's all in our hands. Our leadership with their vast experience, inside and outside Honeywell, they make it so inspiring when they share their experiences and they open ways for you. And they give you ideas on how you can develop further and even more in the medium and long-term within the organization. The fact that we want to become best in class, as an organization, is a driver for many of our projects. So we don't get, we don't get bored. From smart factories and psych management, you can do it all, it's all possible in this world. And if winning and learning is what you want, and what motivates you, then this is the place to be and come join us.
Video length: 66 seconds
Senior Manager IT Transitions
How has Honeywell helped you develop your career?
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global OrganizationThe future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?We are currently looking for a motivated Procurement Buyer to join our team in Prague.
In this position, you will support the efficient operation of the purchasing team, developing relationships with suppliers, ensuring the material according to production plan at the best price and on time. Crucial to the role is communication with suppliers, actively seeking opportunities to streamline and strengthen these crucial contacts.
- Respond to MRP messages to procure material in order to support production requirements. Responsible for maintenance of purchase orders, monthly forecasting for suppliers, maintenance of key planning parameters, and reconciliation of invoice and purchase order issues.
- Obtain the best value for materials. Best value is defined as a combination of: price, delivery, quality and service. Considers total cost of acquisition when making procurement decisions.
- Manage supplier performance to ensure site is working with the right strategic suppliers to support short and long term objectives. Take assertive position with suppliers who are past due to ensure that every alternative is explored in able to improve past due delivery schedules.
- Create commodity based sourcing strategies to ensure site is working with the appropriate vendors. Buyers should be able to weigh the sourcing strategies of the commodity team in EMEA or Phoenix as well as the specific needs of site and total cost of acquisition principles.
- Support the transition team to ensure project plans are updated and requirements on purchase of parts are defined and ordered, so that support of the transition and follow-on schedules is secured.
- Procure material according to ordering policies designed to minimize inventory costs and being left with inactive, obsolete and surplus inventory. Identify and manage measures to reduce inactive, obsolete and surplus inventory when such do exist.
- Actively support, develop and seek opportunities to develop and streamline relationships with suppliers. Actively work to improve the purchasing process team.
YOU MUST HAVE
- University degree in business, engineering, or related field.
- Experience in Purchasing or relevant, preferably in production company
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent English skills, other languages would be an advantage
- Microsoft Office (Excel in advance level).
- Ability to communicate concisely at all levels inside and outside the company
- Responsive and responsible to deliver on commitments
- Result-oriented, proactive, team- player
- Quick learner, self starter.
- Very good communication skills, able to prioritize and work under pressure
- Knowledge of SAP (or familiar ERP system).
- Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount.
- Business accident travel insurance
- Competitive salary and sales incentives.
- Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
- Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- JOB ID: req383774
- Category: Procurement
- Location: V Parku 2325/16, budova 8, 2.&3.p.,Prague,PRAHA,14800,Czech Republic