A person with disabilities will be given preferential consideration per local regulations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with operating systems and networking protocols.
- Experience with computer hardware and server hardware or troubleshooting/diagnosing.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience in project management and leadership.
- Experience working within a data center or network operation center environment.
- Experience in the maintenance and monitoring of server systems.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with teams to overcome challenges.
About the job
The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring high-quality physical infrastructure behind Google's search technology.
As a Data Center Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot, and maintain hardware (e.g., servers and its components) and server software (e.g., Google's Linux cluster). You'll take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches, and networking protocols. You'll also participate in or lead project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. In addition, you will be involved in the manual movement and installation of racks.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Contribute to and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance, and support of data center infrastructure.
- Lead troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues regarding affected equipment.
- Help test and troubleshoot server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot OS-related issues on server.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our .
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.