Milano, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing customer/client-facing consulting projects to completion and managing technical troubleshooting.
- Experience in writing scripts in one or more languages (e.g., Python, Go, etc.).
- Experience in designing and maintaining internet-facing production-grade applications in distributed virtualized or containerized environments.
- Experience with Kubernetes cluster or resource deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Mesos, OpenStack).
- Experience with web security (e.g., OAuth, SSL/TLS) and common infrastructure and data security techniques (e.g., OWASP, encryption schemes).
- Experience with scalable networking technologies (e.g., Load Balancers, Firewalls) and web standards (e.g., REST APIs, gRPC, Websockets).
- Experience in system administration tasks in Linux or Unix.
- Understanding of open source server software (e.g., NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc.).
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices (e.g., Active Directory, certificate management, key management).
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Strategic Cloud Engineer, you'll guide customers on how to configure and deploy Virtual Machines (VM’s) and containers, consisting of network architecture, identity and access management, application security, logging, monitoring, billing, and more. In this role, you will be the Google architect working with Google Cloud's most strategic enterprise and digital native customers. Together with the team, you will support customer implementation of Google Cloud products through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and more. You'll consult with customers on how to best design their VM’s or containerized applications for optimal scaling including continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD), load balancer setup, caching, compute optimizations, security, and hardening on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will travel to customer sites to implement solutions collaboratively, in code, and deliver workshops to educate and empower customers.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex cloud infrastructure challenges in the areas of networking, containerization, and clustering.
- Create and deliver best practice recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, open-source and sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Act as a liaison for the Engineering and Product teams to commercialize solutions with partners and customers.
To navigate, press the arrow keys.
Map DataMap data ©2022 Google
Map data ©2022 Google
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our .