Do you want to be part of a new and exciting team in quantitative finance IT?
- We are looking for an qualified Senior Software Engineer to join our squad and support our growing business.
- As a Senior Software Engineer in Markets Analytics you develop analytical tools for traders and external clients in Danske Bank Corporates & Institutions. We work in a highly motivated market with growing requirements, which increases the need for IT solutions for both our internal business partners and external customers.
- In our squad, we grow and maintain a range of microservices based on latest .NET Core, running on Windows or Linux containers, which provide real-time or ad-hoc analytics and statistics of derivatives trading. Our system works event-driven, using RabbitMQ and both SQL and no-SQL databases for storage. We have CI/CD, peer code-reviews, fast turnaround time and we strive for high unittest coverage. The team embraces a DevOps culture, fully owning our production, with extensive monitoring based on ELK, Prometheus, Grafana and automated alerting.
- Team and department
- In Applications & Services we build both microservices and GUI applications to empower our business and external clients with innovative analytics. We are currently 6 software engineers and four quantitative analysts across our offices in Denmark and India. We are an international team and our department's working language is English.
- We work in a growing, agile way in close collaboration with our business partners. We are deploying value adding software to production in a continuous and granular way. We expect you to be ready to take part of our agile journey and assist us increase our maturity level. Also, we have a respectful social environment allowing us to question each other so that we can build solutions that we are proud of.
What we expect from you
- A desire to understand the business – why we do what we do and what value our business and customers gain from the lines of code you write.
- A keen eye for detail and an interest in working closely with our business partners.
- Boldness. You are not afraid to encourage qualified colleagues in business or IT but take pride in new ways of thinking.
- Good coding abilities – for example C#.
- Architecture skills. You are familiar with micro-services and event-driven systems. You are aware of what you can gain from them as well as pitfalls.
- A good understanding of how to build robust and scalable solutions.
- A practical approach towards automated testing.
- Knowledge of containers (Docker/Openshift/Kubernetes) and SQL / no-SQL databases
- Understanding of the financial sector as well.
What you can expect from us
- A exciting and innovative work environment.
- The possibility of making a difference providing high quality tools for our internal and external customers.
- A attractive remuneration package.