In this role, you have the opportunity toInvestigate new technologies, apply them and create innovative solutions in areas like image guided therapy, precision diagnosis (CT, MR or ultrasound) or similar applications, based on your Artificial Intelligence (AI) and software creation/optimization capabilities.
You are responsible for
- Interacting with medical professionals to create meaningful innovations and IP
- Designing and implementing models and algorithms and conducting their validation
- Work with R&D teams in the Netherlands and USA to transfer software prototypes into commercial solutions that contribute to Philips growth
- Maintaining deep knowledge of technical developments in your field through study of the literature and contacts with the research community
You will be part ofPhilips AI Hub Paris, a research team of around 40 scientists strongly connected to the healthcare innovation ecosystem in France (universities, start-ups, clinical sites, etc.). As part of IGT and Ultrasound department of Philips
Research, we unite components, devices, systems and application specific algorithms and AI models to create clinically intelligent and intuitive imaging, sensing and navigation solutions for image-guided therapy and diagnostic imaging (CT, MR and ultrasound).
To succeed in this role, you need
- PhD in Mathematics, Data Science, Image Processing or a comparable subject;– or Master’s degree and relevant experience
- In depth knowledge of Deep Learning (CNN, RNN, GAN, etc.) in image-based applications
- Experience with machine learning platforms such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- An analytical and abstract mind to understand applications and technologies in depth;
- A pragmatic approach in doing fast and effective evaluations by creating prototypes;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Basic oral communication skills in French.
And preferably you have experience with
- Doing research for the industry
- Agile, Scrum or SAFe methodologies
- Healthcare applications or medical imaging technologies
- Collaborating with medical professionals and conducting clinical studies
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.