In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Take a pivotal marketing role at Diagnostic X-Ray (DXR) and drive creation of solutions (integrated combination of products and services) from idea to market.
- You will be accountable for defining, launching and building profitable product solutions that transform healthcare.
- You will work directly with the different functions within the organization and maintains a balanced development scope. This will not only ensure the products/solutions are developed to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands, but also will deliver a profitable and performing product in all its aspects.
- The Product Manager owns the product lifecycle from concept phase through development and launch and eventually, end of life. You are required to have expertise in market segmentation, product strategy, competitive strategy, and product development.
You are responsible for
- Bring together your affinity to healthcare and your passion for developing solutions. You add great value by delivering quality and attention to your customers.
- Define business opportunities based on customer insights and translate them into winning value propositions. You drive solution, product and claims roadmaps and define the right specifications for the required products, driving the realization of the products and their market introduction.
- Own the product and its performance during its complete lifecycle from concept phase through development and launch, until end of life.
- Support and drive upstream marketing activities for the solution, including definition of the strategy and its enablers as well as its alignment with key markets globally.
- Translate in-depth customer and market insights to support the product strategy: analyze the customers, markets, the competition, and the trends to create winning concepts, value propositions and clear product specifications to ensure delivering according to the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Drive the development of business cases to prioritize investments
- Interact with various disciplines including Research, R&D departments, internal and external design agencies, suppliers, industrialization, marketing management, marketing communication and international sales organizations.
- Be a key core team member in product development and lifecycle management teams.
- Drive the market readiness as part of PDLM. Ensure completion of appropriate deliverables (feature descriptions, value propositions, costing/pricing/quoting materials, etc.)
- Follow a lean way of working and a continuous improvement mindset within the product management team.
You are a part of
- The Diagnostic X-ray product management team of Philips Healthcare and become part of the global marketing department. You will be based in Suzhou and report into the Head of Product Management and be working in an international network of various stakeholders based across the globe. The team operates in an open, ‘can-do’ atmosphere. The team is characterized by a “self-starting” mentality.
- In the team, we focus on translating the customer voice in medical products, solutions and services.
- We manage a wide Radiography and Fluoroscopy portfolio targeting the global health market contributing directly to the growth of the business.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree;
- Minimum of 3 years’ related experience in product management and marketing in the medical device industry
- Ability to assess customer needs and translate those needs into a winning value proposition and actionable product specification
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback and new products into solutions; comfortable with making tradeoffs, decisively
- Expertise delivering complex projects to meet demanding cost, quality and introduction date targets
- Ability to motivate, guide and drive project teams working on complex projects to successful products outcomes
- Demonstrable communication skills and ability to lead an organization to develop market leading solutions. Ability to related and communicate with different levels and functions in the organization
- Ability to take ownership, identify, and remove roadblocks regardless of direct responsibilities
- Ability to excite sales teams and customers with ideas about new products (and transfer those ideas to Best in Class Marcom and Training materials)
- Highly entrepreneurial; both analytical and hands-on to driving business growth (result oriented)
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (sending and receiving)
- Strong in English language
In return, we offer you
- A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this sales-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions. Suzhou