Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
SummaryPosted: Oct 24, 2020
Weekly Hours: 35
As part of Apple's Machine Learning and AI team, we transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. We are offering an amazing placement opportunity to work directly with our R&D team in Cambridge. Collaborate with some of the best in the business and see how we create the world's most innovative products and experiences. The placement will run for 12 months and is expected to start in the summer of 2021, though alternative start dates may be possible.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a degree program and available for a 12 months placement in industry, after which you'll return to full time education
- Object-oriented software design and programming
- Interest in distributed, scalable, online services
- Understanding of Agile software practices is desirable
Our aim is to create an amazing experience that allows you to learn without pressure, develop professional skills, get hands-on experience, gain a greater understanding of our industry and build valuable connections. You will join an extraordinary team, including world-class software engineers, academics, and expert machine learning practitioners who are all passionate about applying groundbreaking techniques to conversational AI. As a member of the team you will work on the software services that people talk to when using Siri. You will add user impacting features to Siri and provide the software that supports and integrates our machine learning models within Siri’s architecture to make Siri more intelligent. As part of the Apple community, you’ll get a unique perspective on our process and those who lead it. Based in Cambridge, you'll work closely with teams across Apple worldwide. To be successful you will love to build state of the art software and have the potential to develop into a highly skilled software engineer. We look for engineers who have a drive for high quality software and the ability to innovate creative solutions. Communicating clearly and having the flexibility to learn new technologies, while continuously developing skills will be key to your success. You will be natural collaborator, comfortable with giving and receiving feedback and able to thrive in a dynamic environment. Is this you? If so we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience Education & Experience
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace