Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
If you’re ready to innovate and lead our Enterprise Data and Analytics organization, come join us now! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Data and Analytics at NIKE that it is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
Nike Enterprise Data and Analytics vision is to enable NIKE’s digital transformation through a re-imagined data ecosystem by providing a unified data source powered by free flow of information to unlock better insights and faster decision making. We want you to help drive and deliver our vision!
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
Come join our Enterprise Data and Analytics team and help deliver disruptive business opportunities through technology. As a Principal Engineer on the team you will research, understand and develop working POCs with new and disruptive technologies. You will leverage this experience to apply it to real business opportunities from concept to creation of real-world pilots.
Our culture is collaborative, and results driven. We adopt the fail-fast operating model. We measure our successes in the proofs of concepts we create, the learning’s from our failures and measured KPI’s against our pilots. We operate across all areas of the business and focus on end-to-end solutions that deliver game changing impact.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
You will work with engineering and product leadership across the organization to build innovative solutions. You will also have to work closely with the enterprise architecture and platform teams. You will be part of team that will be a driving force in building Data and Analytic solutions for Nike Technology.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 10+ Years’ Experience in Technology innovation with new and disruptive technologies
- Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience in one of more languages required: Java, Scala, NodeJS, Python, Go, C, C++
- Advanced experience building cloud scalable, real time and high-performance data lake solutions leveraging AWS, EMR, Spark, S3, Lamda & Streaming technologies
- Experience in NoSQL data stores, such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, or similar technologies
- Strong Data engineering skills with exposure to large volume data sets
- Experience with relational SQL
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Python
- In-depth understanding of micro service architecture
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Able to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business stakeholders
- Passion for technology and learning, a natural curiosity, with a love for delivering real-world results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience delivering software in an agile development process
- Ability to provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Strong ability to perform system and application trouble shooting
- Skillful in rapid prototyping
- Experience in Machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics preferred
- Internet of Things (IoT), RFID, NFC, signal analysis, simple electronics preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
Execute & Enable
- Rapid solution prototyping & execute proof of concepts. Refine or delete concepts that are not working. Launch or share the successful concepts with the most appropriate teams.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to align and define technology integration, standards and practices
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.