About BHPAt BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About IROCYou will be a part of our IROC+ AHS Control team based at Goonyella Riverside Mine OR Daunia Mine site, taking ownership for achieving production targets, by enabling the effective operation of our Autonomous fleet using the Komatsu FrontRunner System.
You will work in an environment which is dynamic and striving to continuously improve performance, and with this, you will be involved in continuous improvement projects to help us become even better!
About the RoleReporting to the Supervisor AHS Control, you will safely execute the daily operations plan while optimising the utilisation of the autonomous truck fleet. You will take an active role in ensuring compliance to schedule and operating philosophies, driving a culture that not only conforms to company safety standards, but also seeks to continuously improve operating efficiency and realise cost benefits.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Understand site Safety Systems and their link to health and safety
- Manage the autonomous fleet effectively and efficiently
- Maximise compliance to operational plan
- Cultivate positive relationships through effective communication and consultation
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Continuous improvement through identifying system and operational process improvements in the use of the autonomous fleet management system
- Solutions focussed and strive to improve in a high performing team each day
About youAs the successful candidate you will possess the below:
- Level 1 competency achieved with the Komatsu Frontrunner Autonomous Haulage System;
- A high level of computer literacy and excellent verbal communication skills
- Collaborative, coaching and influencing skills critical;
- Understand the mining and logistics processes within role scope and the interfaces;
- Understand site Safety Systems and their link to health and safety.
About Our ProcessAt BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Please note as part of this recruitment process the successful applicant will need to conduct a Queensland legislated coal mine workers’ health assessment.
From 1 April 2023, ResHealth will be mandatory for the completion of coal mine workers’ health assessments, allowing you to submit, monitor and review the progress of your health assessment in a secure online environment.
For more information please go to the ResHealth website.
Supporting a Diverse WorkforceThe size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.