Nothing beats being part of positive change. We’re on a truly exciting journey, working together in a fast-paced global environment to break new ground in almost every aspect of our operations. Right now, we have an exciting job opening for you in Finance.
Job Summary:At Finance, you are part of a global team that drives business & operational performance to realize the objectives set out in Polestar. In cooperation with colleagues in other business units worldwide, you and your team provide financial expertise in accounting and reporting processes such as Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash, and Record to Report. Here, you can push your own professional skills and drive change together with committed people. Right now, we are on an exciting journey to transform our business towards electrification in pursuit of our commitment to sustainability and climate safety - come and create this new future together with us!
As Accounting Specialist ( Accountant ) – Polestar within finance department for Americas’ region, you will be based at our headquarters in Mahwah, NJ where you will join a team of nine colleagues that aim every day to achieve new heights of process efficiencies & quality in general accounting and reporting areas. You will be responsible for supporting the accounting and reporting activities for Polestar entity across the Americas region and ensure that accounting transactions align with Corporate Governance and established accounting principles to have high integrity in our financials. You will work in close cooperation with other Finance colleagues both at our Americas center in NJ, our Shared Service Center in India, our Global Accounting Center in Spain, as well as functions at the headquarters in Sweden. Surely, this role will help you establish your career on an international level.
What you’ll do?Main responsibilities:
- Ensure all journal entries are processed and drive the month end closing/reporting activities within assigned area of responsibility
- Perform account reconciliations and relevant control activities to secure complete and accurate financials
- Investigation and analysis of accounting discrepancies and interact with the required department to resolve them.
- Execute all requests in a timely manner, along with the prompt investigation and resolution of discrepancies.
- Support the continuous improvements of processes to maximize accuracy and efficiency for assigned areas of responsibility. Consistently find better ways to execute accounting operations.
- Interface with internal & external auditors as necessary
Who are we looking for?
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent with approximately 3 years of relevant working experience. Interested in pursuing CPA and CPA candidates are preferred.
- Exceptional abilities that make you special than the rest, high drive to lead positive change
- Solid interest for personal development and learning for future career growth
- Ability to work and be comfortable in a dynamic environment under continuous development
- Proactive, have solid interpersonal skills and communicate in a clear and direct way
- Tech-savvy, energetic with Can-Do mind-set
- Fluent in English, verbally and written.
- MS Office 365 applications’ experience required.
- SAP and knowledge of automation tools (robotics and others) is a plus.
Who are we?Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving, and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
Hybrid role located in Mahwah NJ - Must be able to commute to Mahwah NJ reliably.