The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at
The PositionEcobright Business Development SA
Job SummaryIn September 2022, Imerys Group (www.imerys.com) published a press release confirming to start an exclusive negotiations with Syntagma Capital (www.syntagmacapital.com) for the potential sale of certain assets producing kaolin, ground calcium carbonate (“GCC”), precipitated calcium carbonate (“PCC”), and talc, which primarily serve the paper markets in North Americas, South America, Asia and Europe.
This new company formed by all these industrial sites, kaolin mine, port access and Hubs is foreseen to start its operation under a new brand on March 31th, 2023. The revenue in 2021 was 400 million euros. It will offer mineral solutions for industries worldwide. All the sites are already working and producing. About 950 employees total.
Besides serving lots of the paper and board markets nowadays, this new company will use its global footprint, unique assets and longstanding know-how to develop new business opportunities and foster innovation. Sustainability is a core value of this Company.
Regarding employment, the Company needs to reinforce existing teams to operate as a standalone organization but also to meet its ambitious development plans. Branding and name of the Company are currently defined and will be communicated largely very soon. Role overview: Drives the BA strategy & business development efforts, in accordance with company's strategy ; Coordinates key M&A projects for the BA in liaison with the central teams
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop BA strategy, key objectives / targets, and strategic planning together with the Segment VPs
- Help to implement and execute strategy
- Participate in the creation of investment plans as well as non-organic growth projects
- Prepare business cases for investments
- Identify, investigate and advance / prioritize key opportunities for growth, profitability and strategic positioning
- Serve as principal liaison with the corporate M&A and Strategy team
- Serve as point of contact / relay for M&A at BA level, contributing to sourcing and to deal execution
- Key member of the BA management team
- Leads organisational projects
- Drives transformation and implements new organization and ways of working for his/her perimeter
Qualifications & ExperiencePostgraduate degree or strong first degree in a scientific discipline
At least 10 years experience in relevant technical/laboratory environment
Position TypeFull time