Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
We are currently hiring for a Large Loss Property Claims Adjuster!
In this role, you will be responsible for the investigation, quantification, analysis, adjustment and settlement of complex property claims in addition to property claims in excess of $100,000. With a focus on quality and customer service, this will be accomplished with appropriate experts and premier vendors. The adjustment will be conducted in an efficient and effective manner to control the indemnity, spend and expenses without compromising the delivery of superior customer service.
Come join our team!
What you’ll do:
- Investigate claims by meeting with insureds and experts in order to obtain facts and information to assist in analyzing loss
- Review and compile photos, secure statements and compile reports
- Review and compile facts, policies, technical reports, analyze Xactimate estimates, value of claim and negotiate/settle claim
- Communicate claim adjustments via written reports to all parties. This will be based on the policy wording and circumstances surrounding the loss to determine coverage
- Provide exemplary customer service and keep related parties informed of the claim status
- Responsible for data accuracy and issuing payments to vendors, insureds and experts
- Ensure all correspondence is completed in a timely and effective manner including the creation of Critical Path Letters, Proof of Losses, and Reservation of Rights letters etc.
- Responsible for recognizing questionable claims, subrogation and risk opportunities
- Review case law to determine liability
- Travel across Canada as necessary
What you’ll bring:
- Thorough knowledge of the property insurance industry
- At least 7-10 years of commercial and residential property claims adjusting experience
- Strong construction knowledge
- Experience in directly handling complex residential and commercial losses in excess of $100,000
- Strong digital literacy
- Strong case law knowledge in both civil code and common law provinces
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of property coverage wordings
- Some basic accounting skills
- Superior communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent report writing skills
What you'll get:
- Compelling rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
- Outstanding Career Development opportunities.
- We’ll support your professional development education.
Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.