Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
Our team is currently looking for a Recovery Adjuster with a focus on Property recoveries.
The purpose of this role is to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle recovery opportunities for both personal and commercial, focusing on subrogation of property claims as well as subrogation on automobile claims and property salvage.
What you’ll do:
- Actively pursue recovery opportunities in the form of subrogation.
- Recognize, investigate, quantify and negotiate recovery potential.
- Responsible for controlling external expenses while ensuring delivery of superior Customer service to all stakeholders.
- Maintain the recovery database and claims financial records through the process of recording claims,
- Maintain adequate reserves,
- Prompt expense payments, and accurate closing of claims.
- Direct Counsel in recovery pursuits.
- Participate in litigation reviews, settlement conferences, mediations and other legal disposition programs.
- Attend mediation, pre-trials and court when required.
What you’ll bring
- 1+ years experience in Property Claims handling
- Good oral & written skills.
- Ability to make timely decisions.
- Good negotiating skills
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Great customer service skills.
- Well organized.
- Ability to Multi Task
- Good computer skills.
- Basic building construction knowledge an asset.
- Enrollment in CIP Classes an asset.
- Xact Analyst
What you’ll get:
- Compelling rewards package including base salary, eligibility for annual bonus, paid vacation, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness account, and 3 paid volunteer days per year.
- Our vacation package starts at 4 weeks !
- Outstanding Career Development through our tailored career progression plan within the Auto Claims department
- Paid professional development education (Controlled Insurance Program designation)
- Corporate wellness programs to support our employees’ physical and mental health
Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.