Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Stockholm, Sweden; Oslo, Norway; Helsinki, Finland; Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with analytic warehouse solutions, data movement from data stores into analytic warehouses, and with performance/scalability optimizations.
- Experience in implementing analytics systems architecture and cloud computing.
- Experience within the Startup/Digital Native customer space.
- Experience with open source technology (e.g., Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) projects and understanding of cloud native application development and/or data analytics technologies).
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on GCP or other public cloud providers.
- Participating member in external technical communities.
- Ability to learn complex, new technologies quickly.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
We earn the love of our customers by helping them get the most out of the Cloud.
As a Sales Engineer, you will lead with the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to enable business innovation. You'll engage with customers in order to understand their business and technical requirements, and present practical and useful solutions on Google Cloud. Along with driving awareness in the developer and startup community, and working closely with the Google Cloud partner ecosystem, you will act as a trusted customer advisor in crafting highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure, and cost-effective cloud architectures.
You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind share and broad use of GCP within organizations ranging from startups, to scale-ups, to already established Digital Native customers.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Partner with the sales team to formulate and execute a strategy to exceed business growth goals through the adoption of GCP.
- Educate customers on the value proposition of Google Cloud, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Work with cross-functional teams and partners to develop technical campaigns and drive pipeline.
- Build deep relationships with technical leaders within customers to enable them to be Google Cloud advocates.
- Conduct training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using GCP.
Information collected and processed as part of your Google Careers profile, and any job applications you choose to submit is subject to Google's .
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our .
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.