Job DescriptionNorthvolt’s mission is to build the world’s greenest battery with a minimal carbon footprint. We intend to do so also by setting an industry standard for the highest possible levels of health & safety.
Do you want to be part of our journey to a world class safety culture? Come and join us at Northvolt. We are now looking for a Health and safety engineer to join our HSE-team in Manufacturing organization at Northvolt Labs, Västerås.
The HSE-team is a central resource for work environment and environmental related issues within the organization.
You, as an Health and safety engineer, will support the organization with your expertise in matters regarding occupational health and safety, as well as a positive and proactive safety culture.
Key Responsibilities Include but are not limited to
Work in collaboration with managers and other parts of the organization to coordinate and drive the systematic work with occupational health and safety as well as safety culture
Lead and participate in risk assessment and investigations
Contribute to, drive, develop and follow-up on the work done regarding systematic work environment
Inform, train and coach leaders and employees in occupational health and safety
Monitor and interpret changes in regulations, keep communication with authorities
We are looking for a person who has a strong interest in occupational health and safety and who wants to contribute in building good working methods and routines to support a good safety culture.
You have an academic education as a work environment engineer/specialist or alternatively have acquired corresponding knowledge through longer work experience. You have good knowledge and/or experience of working with chemical risks, risk assessments, occupational health and safety measurements as well as legislation regarding work environment and its application.
Furthermore, knowledge of battery manufacturing, process industry, process safety and the Machinery Directive are meriting.
As a person, you are highly organized, result-driven and you have a can-do-attitude. You are also trustworthy, proactive and flexible. We see it as a prerequisite that you have the ability to prioritize based on the business strategies and needs in an everyday life with sometimes a high pace and tight deadlines. Furthermore you take your own initiatives and have a good ability to analyse information to find the root cause.
You are responsive, communicative and have the ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently. We also cherish that you have a sense of humour.
Skills & Requirements
- Education as a work environment/occupational health engineer or equivalent skills acquired in another way
- Work experience as work environment engineer/specialist or coordinator
- Working knowledge of and experience with workplace health and Swedish safety legislation, rules, regulations and reporting processes
- Good knowledge of risk assessment, chemicals
- In integrating health and safety as part of the general culture in the workplace
- Knowledge of occupational work measurement is a plus
- Experience in battery manufacturing industry is a plus
- You are fluent in English and can write in both English and Swedish. Driver’s license class B is a required