Role Description SummaryYou will Act as a people manager for technical and non-technical Facility Management (FM) AMERI-CAS within the Global Facility Management & Corporate Real Estate team (GFM&CRE).
Leads and coordinates the AMERICAS FM&TFM teams in all strategies, engineering, implementation, and operational support of facilities of AMERICAS owned and leased (mainly administration building) and other sites utilized to enable Customer Service operations, administrative areas as well as service delivery to other SES’ customers. The role covers all technical and non-technical support aspects of FM at SES in AMERICAS (in particular DC area, Manassas US Hub) as well as on a global level 3rd Party Partner Teleports, other SES Gateways, and sales offices.
Lead the design and implementation of facility infrastructure for SES teleport, gateways, data-centers, and offices according to SES today's and future global needs which required innovative scalable concepts. The role involves both engineering and project management through all stages in close cooperation with other SES departments and external stakeholders, such as SES customers or architects and engineers. This also includes financial management and full budget responsibility.
- Do you enjoy supporting customers to realize breakthrough value?
- Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions?
- Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
If you are interested in becoming part of the SES family, click on ‘read full job description’ to find out more.
Primary Responsibilities/Key Result Areas:Lead the SES AMERICAS FM and TFM team to carry out the following main tasks following the approved SES Business Plan:
- A successful operation, analysis, design, specification, implementation, and enhancement of the AMERICAS Facilities. This includes the efficient deployment of the offices, teleport facilities, buildings, and related infrastructure as well as the smooth management of office lease contracts
- Design, specify and implement facility infrastructure solutions in particular building and office concepts, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, Security, and life safety fire systems
- Develop and implement within the Global Facility Infrastructure team innovative scalable concepts for various business needs of SES Core, SES Network, and SES Video entities
- Provide comprehensive project management tasks as lead for in- and external teams to implement the project with a focus on scope, quality, schedule, and costs
- Liaise with internal and external customers as well as Landlords, outside vendors, building & zoning authorities
- Ensure adequate and proportionate involvement of SES vendor management services according to internal policies
- Prepare statements of work and specifications from building leases to infrastructure equipment delivery and implementation such as generators, UPS, power switchboards, HVAC, fire detection, and suppression systems. The selected systems and equipment should be optimized for first cost and total cost of ownership to provide reduced operating costs and carbon footprint
- Support the diligence activities for site acquisitions & divestitures including obtaining environmental site assessments, interpreting findings, and developing recommendations
- Perform final inspections, essaying & start-up final acceptance plans, and open items lists
- Ensure data consistency of as-built documentation to reflect current configurations and concepts to support the field sites
- Perform final inspections and acceptance tests, track open items lists, finalize, and close the project before handover to SES Operations
- Provide 2nd hand operations support to SES Operations and/or advise on request
Who We Are Looking For (More About You):To achieve the outcomes described above, we believe you will have the following:
- Leadership and coordination skills in project management
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Very good intercultural communication skills
- Good negotiations skills with commercial and problem -solving abilities
- Ability to work independently to resolve issues on time and bring to completion
- Creative thought processes and problem-solving skills
- Deliver projects to spec, on time, and budget
- Ability to develop high-complexity Project Plans
- Ability to develop Cost Props and Project budgets for high-complexity projects
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- Can coordinate with the relevant local regional authorities on facility construction and operations
- Ability to handle extensive domestic and international travel
Preferred Education & Experience
- A recognized Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering degree (BS/MS or similar)
- Extensive field experience overseeing building construction activities, EHS projects, HVAC and Power system replacements
- Computer literate with all Microsoft Office programs
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD to produce and edit infrastructure drawings
- Course training and certification in OSHA compliance
What’s in it for you:
- Flexible working policy
- Bonus and equity plans
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits plans
- A range of wellness activities and employee assistance programs (varies by location)
- An employer that values all aspects of Diversity and respects every individual’s story
The contents of this job description are subject to change. SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation, or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.