Job Title: Principal, Business DevelopmentJob Code: SAS20212203-58441
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL OR Herndon, VA
Job Description:The successful candidate will have a demonstrated background in the USG space market, with a focus on the DoD Space and Space Protection. The candidate will work within a high performing team of business development and capture professionals and work effectively with senior business development leadership as well as business areas, Sector leadership, and functional entities.
The successful candidate will engage customers, identify and qualify potential business opportunities, develop pursuit plans, and support capture plans to successfully win opportunities, on orders, and meet the financial goals and strategic growth activities. This position will be supporting the Imaging Systems division of the Space Systems Sector. Job requires a TS/SCI clearance or ability to obtain.
Essential Functions:As part of the business development team and in partnership with business segment leadership, the successful candidate will:
- Win new business with DOD space customers and primes.
- Lead and drive opportunity identification, qualification, shaping and positioning for programs across multiple customer communities through identification of unmet mission needs.
- Ensure execution of comprehensive financial analysis, capture strategy, competitive assessments, business case, and price-to-win related to closing new business
- Mature account and contact plans for major customers
- Promote and foster continued business development opportunities with existing customers.
- Expand and grow business base by developing new customer relationships
- Prioritize and manage discretionary budgets associated with division and sector leadership
- Establish close working relationships with Business Area leadership
- Effectively communicate status of activities above to leadership
- Support the day-to-day business rhythm and reporting
- Estimate and manage new business funds and participate in strategic fund planning for internal research and development.
- Execute campaign strategies relative to business capture
- Support business acquisition process milestone/gate reviews; to include opportunity identification, qualification, pursuit, pre-proposal, and proposal processes.
- Work closely with business development teams within other space lanes.
- Participation in forums/conferences to further position L3Harris as a thought leader
- Represent L3Harris at customer meetings, Industry related meetings and conferences
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a minimum of 15 years of business development experience or graduate degree and 10 years of business development experience.
- 5+ Years' Experience supporting capture efforts and programs/projects in DoD domain
- 5+ Years' Experience Understanding and familiarity with Space-based ISR architectures, missions, and markets, and supporting ground systems
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to Travel – up to 50%
- Clearance required: TS/SCI or higher