The International Tax and Transaction Services practice is comprised of three competencies focused on advising corporate and private equity clients on all aspects of their capital agenda – Transaction Tax Advisory, International Corporate Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing. ITTS is unique in that it is a joint venture between the Transaction Advisory Services and Tax service lines allowing ITTS to maximize market opportunities as well as the growth and development of ITTS professionals. The transactions market is a major part of EY’s market strategy and a huge opportunity for both the business and EY professionals.
The Transaction Tax Advisory (TTA) competency is comprised of teams focused on the tax aspects of the client’s capital agenda. We have dedicated professionals focused on buy-side due diligence, structuring and cash tax modeling; sell-side tax assistance, structuring and cash tax modeling; internal restructuring; capital structure and refinancing; distressed debt and bankruptcy; and tax attribute calculations and monetization strategies. The International Corporate Tax Advisory competency (ICTA) is responsible for advising clients on international tax operations, including cross-border controversy, international policy advisory, international tax quantitative services, internal restructuring and refinancing. The Transfer Pricing (TP) competency addresses planning, documentation and controversy issues associated with all types of intercompany transactions, assisting companies with supply chain matters, with a focus on intangible property and helping companies accurately reflect and monitor their transfer pricing in their financial systems. With this many service offerings, you will have the opportunity to participate in cross-competency trainings to help develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
The opportunityConstantly changing regulatory environments have led to rapid growth in the area of transfer pricing. EY is a leader in synthesizing global developments and advising our clients. You’ll see that reflected in your career, since you will be working with prestigious global clients at the fore front of economic analysis. Whether you’ve built your skills in another global organization, you’re approaching this from an industry perspective, or you’ve recently completed a BA, master’s or PhD and are interested in applying your analytical skills, you could really shine here.
Your key responsibilitiesYou’ll be heavily involved at all stages of the project lifecycle, making this a high-profile opportunity to take on a wide range of responsibilities and diversify your skills and experience. It’s all about translating information from a variety of sources into quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform and advise our clients. That will include building relationships with clients in a spectrum of industries and getting to know their unique needs and aspirations to provide tailored global services. It will also mean demonstrating your leadership by supervising multiple transfer pricing engagements and contributing to the delivery of quality tax planning services for our diverse clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Applying complex transfer pricing concepts and economic/financial knowledge to resolve client challenges
- Providing a fully integrated approach to transfer pricing by preparing documents and assisting in defending transfer pricing in audits, supplying innovative transfer pricing and economic ideas alongside responsive services and work products
- Modeling financial outcomes, valuing intangible assets and developing practical planning approaches
- Coordinating work with other client service colleagues, globally, to drive collaboration
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, management, policy analysis or another relevant discipline
- A master’s, law degree, CPA, chartered financial analyst (CFA), American Society of Appraiser's Business Valuation Certification or certified management accountant (CMA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work at a fast paced, often with shifting responsibilities
- A minimum of five years of related work experience in professional services or professional tax organization, with specific experience in transfer pricing
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A PhD in a relevant discipline
- A consistent record of excellence in a professional services environment
- Existing transfer pricing experience
What we look forWe’re interested in international tax professionals with the ability to translate complex concepts into clear and easily understood recommendations. You’ll also need to be confident in coaching and reviewing your colleagues and sharing your knowledge and experience to allow continuous growth within our teams. If you’re looking to progress advance your leadership and technical skills in a truly global environment, this role is for you.
What working at EY offersWe offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About EYAs a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.