Lewisburg, OH, US, 45338
JOB CATEGORY: Supply
REQUISITION NUMBER: 716221
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, IncorporatedMars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Lewisburg, OH
Segment: Royal Canin
OverviewThe Lewisburg Project Engineer will be a member of the team that is managing the Site’s major expansion project that will build a new factory to add capabilities and capacity to the Royal Canin North American Supply Network.
The project will require significant demolition, building construction, equipment procurement, equipment installation, contractor services, and start-up activities over multiple years at the Lewisburg Site.
The Project Engineer will manage components at RLE, utilizing the support from both internal and external partners, to execute the project and realize the investment.
Key ResponsibilitiesSecure the Personnel Safety at the Site
- Create a culture for the Project that values the safety of Associates, Contractors, Visitors, etc.
- Assist in the completion of a multi-phase PRP review throughout the Project.
- Monitor and modify the process at the Project Site that systematically evaluates risks and hazards.
- Implement actions that eliminate and mitigate these hazards.
Assist in the Execution of the Project
- Ensure that your assigned elements of the project objectives for Safety, Security, Q&FS, Scope, Schedule, Budget, and Hand-Over are accomplished.
- Understand and follow the RACI for defined roles and responsibilities.
- Complete the dashboard and reports required for Project tracking for your assigned components.
- Perform periodic communications to convey the status of your assignments.
Ensure Site Communication and Alignment
- Understand the goals of the Project as required by all stakeholders
- Communicate Project-related activities to the Project Manager, Site, Contractors, and Partners.
- Perform communication sessions to convey Project status as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Alert and escalate all safety, security, scope, schedule, or budget deviation versus initial plan.
- Complete the construction of periodic and quarterly reports for communication at RC Global and Pet Care levels as assigned by the Project Manager.
Collaborate with the Project Team
- Collaborate with the members of the Project Team in the execution.
- As assigned from the Project Manager, manage the execution within your perimeter.
- Define development opportunities for yourself to expand their skills and experiences.
Direct the Final Project Evaluations
- Complete the portions of the hand-over of the Project’s installations to the Local Supply Team as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Assist in the completion of the PRP Review through up to an including an Operational Acceptance Review.
- Assist in conducting the Post Implementation Review (PIR) of the completed Project
Context & ScopeThe Lewisburg Project Engineer reports to the Lewisburg Engineering Project Manager.
He is a part of the Global Engineering Team assigned to the RLE Project in North America. The position interfaces as follows:
- Participates in Master Layout sessions to support and align with the Global Technical Leaders on the scope and design of the Project.
- Understands the Project objectives around the scope, schedule, and budget.
- Participates in the Kick-Off of the Project to complete alignment on the hand-over on the design.
- Oversee the completion of the PRP Review.
- Lead the Team in the review of proposals, bid awarding, SOW’s, and contract assignments using both external partners and Royal Canin support groups.
- Monitors the performance of assigned components of the Project with respect to safety, security, scope, schedule and budget while seeking ways to improve.
- Performs periodic reviews to communicate the status of the Project including KPI’s, resource management, and risk assessment with the Project Team.
- Assists in the construction and executing of the CVS actions to support the start-up of the Project, commissioning of the equipment, training of Associates, and validation of processes/products.
- Conducts the Project review processes, including the PIR, upon completion of the work
- Engineering Degree
- Comprehensive English Skills (Oral and Written)
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant Engineering Experience (7 Yrs +)
- Large Project Management Experience (50M USD)
- Extensive Technical Skills
- Experience in Managing and Developing Diverse Teams
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Dayton
Nearest Secondary Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Project Manager, R&D Engineer, Engineering, Technology
Apply now » Lewisburg, OH, US, 45338