On our path to becoming the world's favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace a hypergrowth atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
Want to be in the center of the change? Work with the core of Klarna’s flagship product, the Consumer App? As the application grows, we need a bright technical leader to shape the technical direction of the App.
Who you are
- A full-stack engineer excited about taking on new challenges - building development platforms, applications using React and React Native, Node.js services, orchestrating large-scale distributed systems, addressing privacy and security concerns
- Long-term thinker with a keen eye for spotting problems and bottlenecks, thriving on quick iterative delivery
- A coach and supporter - striking a balance between empowering others to make their own decisions and calling the overall direction of solutions.
What you'll get to do
- Empower and support the contributing development teams - over 300 engineers - to make the right technical decisions.
- Not only deliver results today, but also enable the teams building the App to keep delivering at speed in future - as the product evolves and grows.
- Face and solve a new challenge every day, working for a market disrupting company
- Relentlessly improve the quality of the software. Drive design and implementation with availability, testability and low operational cost while continuously iterating on the development process to support new consumer functionality and business expansion.
You should have
- A pragmatic mindset
- Practical knowledge working with an ecosystem composed of hundreds of microservices
- Deep understanding of the lifecycle of native mobile and web applications
What we can offer you
- Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with talented people from 90+ different countries in our offices in Stockholm city center.
- Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
- Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Stockholm.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in contributing back to the open source community. You can find some of our work here https://github.com/klarna.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English
What we offer:
Diversity & CommunityWith our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & ImpactHere, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & CollaborationSuccesses and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
The Klarna Work Policy is designed to make sure we foster team collaboration while also ensuring a productive and flexible work environment. We work 2 days per week in the office on agreed days, and then 3 flexible days. We’re also providing each Klarnaut with an annual financial contribution to improve their flexible work life whether they use it to upgrade their work accessories, or their home office space!
Challenges & RewardsWe take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
About KlarnaSince 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 90 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by helping them save time and money while better managing their cashflow and making informed decisions. Over 250,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. With over 5,000 employees, Klarna is active in 20 markets and is one of the most highly-valued private fintechs globally, with a valuation of $45.6 billion. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.