What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
GPU Performance Software EngineerThe Role:
The AMD Engine Performance team works closely with external game engine developers to ensure that the underlying technology driving some of the biggest game titles run at maximum performance with stunning visual quality on AMD hardware products. Our goal is to continuously raise the bar for unparalleled gaming graphics and performance.
In your role, you will be part of a highly collaborative team that optimizes rendering performance for Unreal Engine. This is a great opportunity to work on the cutting edge of GPU technologies.
The Person:We are looking for hardworking software engineers who:
- Has passion in graphics and GPU performance.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to details while still being able to execute and deliver on time.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a remote team
- Excellent ability to communicate knowledge and share information.
- Desire to learn, desire to grow, desire to contribute.
- Work on next generation DX12/Vulkan APIs
- Analyze and identify performance bottlenecks in Unreal Engine on AMD hardware
- Create Unreal Engine optimization patches for use by game developer community
- Work with AMD architects to ensure correct feature support in future hardware designs
- Write technical documentation, white papers, presentations and developer blog-posts
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with modern GPU hardware architectures
- Demonstrable understanding of 3D Graphics concepts and real-time rendering techniques
- Experience with modern graphics APIs (DX11, DX12, Vulkan)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with partners
- Previous experience with Unity or Unreal Engine development highly desired
- BS degree, MS desired
Location:Cary, NC (negotiable)
Requisition Number: 80436
Country: United States State: North Carolina City: Morrisville
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click for more information.
Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply