Job ID 12073Location North Andover, MassachusettsOrganization Electric Maintenance and ConstructionDepartment PROT OPS NE
About usEvery day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
We are hiring a 3/Class Relay Technician for our Protection Operations NE team in No. Andover. MA.
Job PurposeOversee the installation of protection and control systems. During construction and once complete set, test, and verify the correct installation and operation of the systems.
Key AccountabilitiesResponsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Verify the correct installation and performance of analogue input devices, including current and voltage transformers.
- Test new wiring within control circuits to ensure correct design and performance.
- Complete all project related documentation in a timely manner.
- Complete all maintenance related documentation in a timely manner.
- Periodically test and inspect systems using a variety of complex test equipment.
- Collect all available data from all sources.
- Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to work effectively under pressure to solve problems and complete all projects on time.
- Minimum Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Technology. Desired Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Electronics.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Must have demonstrated analytical skills and ingenuity.
- Knowledge of computer software including Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn and use vendor driven software.
- Must have a high degree of mechanical ability.
- Must have the ability to qualify for the National Grid Clearance and Control list.
- Will be required to work from ladders or bucket trucks.
- Ability and resourcefulness to work effectively under pressure to solve problems and complete all projects on time.
- Must be able to respond to system emergencies and be available for overtime as workload dictates.
- Overnight travel is required on occasion to meet department workloads and training requirements.
- Valid driver’s license required with a safe driving history that meets National Grid’s Safe Driver policy.
More InformationThis position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.