The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Projects Directorate - Innovation & Competitiveness Department - Education & Public Research Division
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st March 2020)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeship
The overall goal of the traineeship project is to provide support to the engineers working in the appraisal and monitoring of investment projects in the education and health domain (construction and refurbishment of schools, hospitals and universities). The traineeship project will allow you to have exposure to the activities carried out by PJ engineering experts at EIB and to get an understanding of how procurement activities are embedded in EIB projects.
You will support the work of the engineers of the divisions principally through the following tasks:
- Completion of a cost database for investment projects in education;
- Completion of a cost database for investment projects in health;
- Support to the organization and review of procurement data.
The completion of the cost database will require accurate analysis of investments projects performed by the division in the last 10 years, and related engineering costs.
In addition, the trainees may be requested to support other engineering tasks in the field of project costs analysis for ongoing appraisals or monitoring work.
These activities will be performed under the close supervision of one of the Project Engineers and of the Departmental Procurement Advisor.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University Degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical or Electrical) or related disciplines (Building Services, Architecture, Construction Management);
- Experience in civil engineering and construction projects would be an advantage;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent command of written and oral English. Knowledge of other EU languages being an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Your application may be used for another campaign.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 03rd November 2019.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website;https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/categories/traineeship-and-graduate.htm