Start date: We prefer students able to start per January or February 2020.
Duration: 4-6 monthsUnfortunately, it is not possible to combine this assignment with your thesis. We do require a 40 hour per week availability.
In this role, you have the opportunity toPhilips procurement is undergoing a transformation to accelerate growth and improve performance. For this important program, we are looking for interns with different study backgrounds, who can stand their ground and want to be part of this important program in Philips. You will work with the Procurement Governance team and will work directly with colleagues and managers in Procurement as well as in the businesses that are supported by the function’s work. Building on your academic background, innovative focus and your creative, hands on, entrepreneurial mindset you will contribute in achieving our ambition. We offer you a role with great responsibility in a corporate environment where you get the chance to accelerate your own development.
You are responsible forThe responsibilities vary significantly and will be assigned based on your skills, drive to deliver results and eagerness to outperform. Some of the topics are:
- Conception and design of a Control Tower room with a Philips wide KPI system for all our processes to monitor real time our business process along multiple dimensions (cost, cycle time, compliance, output, quality, user satisfaction, issues, etc.)
- Conception and design of a Program progress monitoring dashboard across all PIL-programs and all markets/Business Groups in Philips
- Integrated resource planning model considering supply, demand and competencies to support 16 major PIL programs
- Conception an design of a process maturity tool focusing on assessing current process maturity marched vs. industry best practices and Philips strategy
- Further topics will be shared in the recruiting interviews
You are part ofYou will be part of the Philips Implementation Organization (PIO) Team, which consist of multiple disciplines and competencies from interns up to senior executives. You will have direct exposure to all levels. You will be working from our office at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Students currently studying towards your University degree inBachelor of Science (B.Sc.) orMaster of Science (M.Sc.) specializing in: Business Informatics and/or Business Administration (high focus to Project Management)
- Previous internships in consultancy or similar type of companies is a plus.
- Strong innovative mindset, with capability of looking beyond the process/IT-architecture as such;
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills combined with a strong business sense and a drive for business impact and the ability to manage and organize both your own work as well as projects and senior executives meetings;
- A strong capability to run several projects, which obviously requires a strong capability of Project Management.
- An open and globally oriented work mentality, combined with a true self-starting character which will contribute to the overall team;
- Solid spoken and written English skills;
In return we offer youWe offer exposure in a strategically positioned team in a very dynamic business. You will have the opportunity to shape and direct high impact business strategies and make them work. In addition, Philips offers you excellent career development possibilities.
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
NotesRequired documents in order for us to continue with your application:
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period . Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience. Eindhoven