Anticorruption and Rule of Law Programme (ACROL) State Liaison for Tabasco
- Country: Mexico
- Location: Mexico City
- Job ID: 10408
- Area of Interest: Government and Public Sector
- Department: Energy & Utilities (MX1)
- Job Type: Part Time - Temporary
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Job DescriptionPost location:
Villahermosa, Tabasco (with occasional travel within Mexico).
ACROL is a Programme in the UK’s Cross Whitehall Prosperity Fund (PF) portfolio. The Prosperity Fund is an initiative that aims to reduce poverty through inclusive economic growth and development. It will do this by improving the global business environment, strengthening institutions and encouraging greater global private investment.
ACROL is one of four strands being funded by the Bilateral PF programme in Mexico, to address barriers to inclusive growth and development across key sectors. The other PF strands are:
- Future Cities
- Financial Services
The ACROL Programme is specifically focused on combatting corruption and improving access to justice. It will achieve this by improving the capacities, capabilities and coordination of the officials and agencies involved in detecting and investigating crime and corruption, by delivering three interventions at the federal level and in selected states.
Position Summary and Objectives:
PA Consulting is seeking an experienced professional to act as State Liaison in Tabasco for the Prosperity Fund’s ACROL Programme.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to play a key role in a high-profile and strategic British development initiative in Mexico, which aims to have a positive impact in the access to justice for all, strengthening of Rule of Law, as well as strengthening the relationship between the UK and Mexico.
The main objectives for the Anticorruption and Rule of Law Programme State Liaison are:
1) To contribute to the monitoring, reporting, organisation and implementation of technical and administrative activities related to the ACROL Programme, in Tabasco with local authorities.
2) To foster relationships with local stakeholders for the effective and efficient implementation of the ACROL Programme.
The successful candidate will build, maintain and constantly have effective communication and liaison with local stakeholders in Tabasco and with the Programme Central Delivery Unit (CDU) in Mexico City. Additionally, the Tabasco Liaison will maintain coordinated relationships and work closely with delivery partners, local government stakeholders, business actors, civil society, NGOs and any other relevant stakeholders, to ensure proper delivery and compliance of the ACROL programme.
This position reports directly to ACROL’s Programme Director and will coordinate with the Team Leader and Central Delivery Unit (CDU).
PA Consulting is looking for a pro-active and engaged professional with a passion for delivering activities and organising missions, events, trainings, helping with the elaboration of monitoring reports, local risks assessments, as well as maintaining excellent communication and coordination with all the actors of the ACROL Programme.
Previous experience in liaising with government institutions in the areas of security, justice and rule of law is required.
Written and verbal skills to create a wide range of products and communication materials will be valued and considered an asset.
The job holder will have the following main responsibilities: facilitate all the activities related to the programme implementation and reporting, stakeholder engagement and coordination, liaison and continuous coordination with ACROL’s Programme Director and Team Leader, in Tabasco.
1. Support of Programme Delivery
- Engage with delivery partners, proactively seeking the facilitation of activities, events and key milestones of the ACROL Programme at the local level;
- Apply strong planning and coordination skills to assist on the deployment of the expert pool and delivery partners to liaise with local stakeholders in Tabasco;
- Undertake regular monitoring and reporting of all the activities taking place in the local sphere;
- Demonstrate excellent project management and team-working skills to effectively coordinate with the CDU team on the delivery of the ACROL programme on the field, including: inputting into, and critically assessing monitoring, reporting, evaluation and learning; inputting into procurement processes, providing local insight; overseeing delivery including resolution of issues and mitigating risk; managing local benefits realisation; and managing relationships with implementing partners;
- With support for ACROL’s Programme Director and Team Leader, co-ordinate with other State Liaisons to assure consistency and efficiency in ACROL’s Programme implementation, value for money and to increase impact through synergies;
- Reach out to supply chain and stakeholders to understand UK policy aims in this space and work with the CDU team to ensure programme activities remain aligned to these aims.
2. Stakeholder’s relationship management and coordination
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with local ACROL institutions’ interlocutors responsible for programme priority areas, to enable and enhance the implementation of the programmes and to ensure continued buy-in – in collaboration with CDU Programme team and other State Liaisons;
- Coordinate with local and regional partners (e.g. other donors) to promote the Programme’s objectives and improve ACROL’s understanding of the local reality and needs;
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure sustainability of ACROL’s activities beyond the life of the Programme;
- Liaise with the other State Liaisons of the ACROL’ Programme and of other Prosperity Fund strands and related initiatives (e.g. Prosperity Funds strands, Global Programme leads, etc) to ensure effective communications.
3. Synergies with other Prosperity Fund Strands / Commercial aspects
- Support all related activities to commercials, financial reports, procurement and all needed activities, to create impactful interventions and continuous presence in Tabasco.
- Regular reporting on activities to Programme Director, Team Leader and MREL Lead.
- Coordinate with all other State Liaisons to provide regular monitoring and feedback on opportunities and potential risks for the success of the ACROL’s Programme.
Job RequirementsEssential qualifications, skills and experience
This is an ideal opportunity for a flexible, motivated self-starter who has strong programme management and stakeholder engagement skills. A successful applicant would need to demonstrate a combination of experience in liaising with government officials, and actors in private sector, academia and civil society organizations, as well as solid project management and communication skills.
- Graduate with a university degree on a relevant area to the Programme, and at least five years of relevant experience working in criminal justice and/or anticorruption programs;
- Experience participation in complex international cooperation programmes;
- Experience of liaising with diverse stakeholders;
- Understanding of ODA/International development matters;
- Strong people skills;
- Over two years’ experience in programme management ideally in a development cooperation context;
- Flexible and creative problem-solver, able to come up with innovative solutions to complex challenges;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including in giving presentations to external audiences;
- Team player driven by values.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Regional knowledge and network with relevant stakeholders in the areas of criminal justice and/or anticorruption, in Tabasco;
- Experience working with government stakeholders;
- Experience working with international delivery partners and governments;
- Experience/knowledge of UK ODA programmes;
- Knowledge of justice, security and anticorruption reforms policy and practice.
- Effective Decision-making.
- Collaborating and Partnering.
- Achieving Commercial Outcomes.
- Delivering Value for Money.
October 9, 2019
Type of Position:
Part-time / Fixed term Contract.
Working hours per week:
19 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Please send your CV, cover letter and contact details for three
- All applicants should have the right to live and work in Mexico.
- The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of two months.
- Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
About PA Consulting GroupWe believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide,
we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 2,800 specialists in consumer, defense and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing, and transport, travel and logistics.
We operate globally from offices across the Americas, Europe, the Nordics and the Gulf.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.