Operational Research & Business Modellers
- Country: UK
- Location: London
- Job ID: 10405
- Area of Interest: Data Analytics and BI
- Department: BI & Data Analytics (UK1)
- Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Job DescriptionBringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
We’re hiring operational research professionals and decision scientists to help our clients with their most high profile investment decisions!
Isn’t it time you joined us? https://www.paconsulting.com/services/data-analytics-and-business-intelligence/
Job RequirementsThe current climate of greater uncertainty, reduced funding availability for the public sector and increased scrutiny means better decision making based on robust economic and financial data is needed more than ever. Organisations in both the public and private sectors need to provide strong evidence to support their decisions and not appraise different options based on gut feelings or unconscious biases. This is especially the case when investment levels are significant and public scrutiny is high – you will be helping clients make key decisions on investment in new transport infrastructure, new hospitals, or cutting edge technologies.
We help our clients to shape and assess the full range of options available to them before making decisions; making the most of available data, defining key assumptions and modelling future uncertainty to provide the required support and evidence base to their decision making process.
Our team is made up of operational research professionals and decision scientists. We are growing this capability across the following areas:
- Advanced modelling & forecasting: Developing models which forecast future demand, financial expenditure and benefits. This includes operational research methodologies and advanced econometric techniques.
- Economic impact & option appraisal: Developing models to understand and quantify the economic impact of change and wider benefits such as social value, environmental impacts, efficiencies and economic development.
- Pricing & efficiency optimisation: Undertaking detailed analysis to help support optimal commercial and regulatory pricing and costing. This includes support regulatory pricing across energy, health, water and telecommunications.
We're currently hiring:
- Operational Research Professionals
- Decision Scientists
- Financial and Economic Modellers
- Systems Dynamics Experts
We're looking for:
- Experienced operational research professionals or decision scientists
- Those with applied mathematics and operational research masters degrees
- Previous consulting experience is useful but not a pre-requisite
About PA Consulting GroupBenefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.