Life Sciences Managing Consultant
- Country: US
- Location: Boston, MA
- Location 2: New York, NY
- Job ID: 10365
- Area of Interest: Life Science
- Department: Life Sciences (US4)
- Job Type: Full-Time Regular
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Job DescriptionPA’s Life Sciences sector focuses on supporting clients in the Life Sciences industry. We help companies to innovate and succeed commercially by speeding the right products to market, maximizing their impact and value proposition through leveraging technology advances and providing market-based insight and strategy, and optimising operational performance in compliance and regulatory areas to eliminate risk from the business.
As a Managing Consultant, you will be part of our leadership team, taking new service propositions to the market as well as developing new business and strong client relationships while leading and delivering great work.
At PA, we take a pragmatic view to solving client problems. Our Managing Consultants are not constrained by a narrow role description and take a hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” approach to do what is necessary to meet the client needs. You should have a track record of successful project delivery working within a major professional services consulting firm however other backgrounds will be considered.
We are looking for experienced consultants with experience in one or more of the following key focus and capability areas for our life science practice.
1. Accelerating products to market
Our team enables our clients to accelerate R&D timelines through better use of data, analytics and AI. This will heavily focus on the use of data to make better decisions, increase effectiveness and to automate research, clinical, pharmacovigilance, and Regulatory processes. Our consultants have insight into the issues faced by clinical R&D functions and the experience to help our clients drive innovative approaches to clinical trial design and delivery.
2. Enabling Innovative Medicines, Therapies & Healthcare Solutions
Our team partners with senior business leaders to develop and implement new commercial models, new organizational structures and governance and supports our clients’ better tailor and enhance the value of their products and supporting therapies. This includes support with development of healthcare solutions & services focusing on patient and health system needs and leveraging our technology and innovation capabilities to enable better monitoring, diagnostics, and delivery of medicine to patients. Our consultants have a strong understanding of the current life sciences markets across Europe, a deep understanding of the healthcare, market access and payer landscape and bring insight to the key stakeholders to help them build sustainable success.
3. Driving Simplification and Compliance into the Business
Our team delivers transformational change and process improvements in the areas of Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Safety and Pharmacovigilance (PV), Clinical and Global Medical Affairs. This will include simplification of processes/SOPs, operational excellence / “cost out” analysis, and deep regulatory expertise across all business domains across R&D, Commercial Operations, Manufacturing, and Enterprise functions. Our consultants have insight into the issues faced by regulated functions and the experience to help our clients drive cost and risk out of their organizations while enabling them to respond nimbly to emerging local and global regulations.
4. Transforming Technology & Data Capabilities
Many biopharma companies are becoming “data organizations”. The ability to capture, manage and integrate new data sources will generate strategic insight and drive engagement. Use of data can create a competitive advantage and it will be critical for organizations to establish the resources and operating models. There is a growing need to protect these assets from outside threat.
Job RequirementsWhat we’re looking for
- Business winning capability with a strong network and a reputation as a thought leader.
- Strong consulting skills, including a high degree of communication and presentation skills, with the ability to manage projects, working with both people and technology to achieve successful outcomes.
- Leadership of substantial projects with a large team.
- Commercial acumen to understand requirements and formulate realistic and robust solutions while appreciating and managing risk appropriately.
- A robust intellectual approach with a degree-level education.
- A willingness to learn and to develop yourself and others around you.
- Developing strong relationships with colleagues and maintaining such a network to ensure that all opportunities are developed carefully and shared with other business units.
- Actively supporting the recruitment and development of team capabilities and talent.
- Available and willing to travel, typically 3+ days per week. Travel may be for longer periods when involved in overseas assignments.
- Position is based in Boston, MA or New York, NY
- Degree from a top school in a science, pharmaceutical or medical technology related field
- Masters/MBA or Ph.D. is a plus
About PA Consulting GroupBringing Ingenuity to Life: We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. VEVRAA Federal Contractor